Processing Payments for Foreign Vendors

  • Foreign vendor numbers are assigned by the Systems Control unit within the Controller’s Office.
  • Departments must send the vendor's completed, signed W-8 form to with the subject “Foreign Vendor Number Request.”
  • If a vendor is a U.S. citizen, but lives outside of the U.S., they must complete a form W-9, but it still needs to be sent to with the subject “Vendor Record Request - U.S. Citizen with Foreign Address.”
  • Wire Transfers

    Wire Transfers

Note: The State is no longer accepting the form X-9 from vendors where the vendor’s name and beneficiary bank account name do not match. The vendor's only options are to:

  1. Receive a State check in USD
  2. Receive a foreign draft via Western Union (only if they do not have a US Tax ID and they did not come to the United States to provide goods/services)
  3. Obtain a bank account in their name